Prof Mercedes Maroto-Valer, Champion UK Industrial Decarbonisation Research and Innovation Centre (IDRIC)
IDRIC has defined five ways it can help industry to achieve its decarbonisation goals:
- Building a multidisciplinary research and innovation programme, to reduce the costs, risks and timescales of low-carbon technologies, whilst considering policy implications alongside institutional reforms
- Developing greener skill sets, ensuring that those currently working in industry are protected and (re)-trained.
- Creating a new export market from a skilled, knowledgeable workforce alongside technology, business models, and policy before that of other industrial economies
- Facilitating a holistic understanding of the challenges in the large industrial clusters, and the overarching solutions.
- Enabling a just transition. This process will only succeed and, most importantly, safeguard local economies if it is delivered in partnership with those communities.
Learn more at the IDRIC webinar on Tuesday 12th May 2020, 14.00 – 16.00 Register following the link https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8032877327518553100